ADMIN: eGroups/Yahoo update

I received the following note within the last 2 days. Some of you may
or may not have, it depends on your subscription. I thought it a good
idea to post it here so that you would be informed if something
suddenly changes.

It sounds like you may have to "do nothing", but based on our
previous experience with Major Software Upgrades I've got my fingers
crossed.

Dave Swingle

Dear eGroups Member,

We have exciting news to share with you. We want you to be among the
first to know that eGroups and Yahoo! Clubs will be merging. The new
service will be called Yahoo! Groups. We expect the service to launch
early in the new year.

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EGROUPS?

Don't worry, all eGroups email and web addresses will continue to
work, all data and event ownership will be maintained, and your
entire group membership will carry over.

Everything you love about eGroups will still be around. Yahoo! Groups
will continue to be a free service, and all the main features you use
now will continue to be a part of the new Groups service. We'll begin
to internationalize Yahoo! Groups after we've launched the service in
the United States. In the interim, you will be able to use the
international versions of eGroups.

WHAT'S NEW?

Yahoo! Groups will have lots of new features and even better
customization. Upon launch, you will be able to:

* Chat with other group members using our improved Yahoo! Chat.
* Add a splash of color to your group, or a main page photo, all
without knowing HTML.
* See when group members are online and communicate with them in real
time using Yahoo! Messenger.
* Reach a larger audience. You will have the entire Yahoo! Network at
your doorstep.

And much, much more to come!

The best part -- you won't have to do anything to convert your group.
This will happen automatically. All you have to do to access the
wide array of web functionality is merge your current eGroups
account with a Yahoo! ID when the new service launches. You don't
need to do anything now and there will be a very easy-to-use wizard
to help you do this when the time comes. NOTE: email-only users will
not need a Yahoo ID.

For a detailed FAQ on merger topics, please visit:

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/info

On behalf of everyone here at Yahoo Groups, thanks for being a member
of our service.

Sincerely,

The Yahoo! Groups team