Re: Sensitive Torsion Bars?

To my knoledge, the torsion bars are not affected by temperature.
However, the struts are. Old struts are even more sensitive (like
mine). But you said you have new struts. If these are confirmed
good, and your doors will not stay up even when pushed all the way up,
you DO need a torsion bar adjustment. If you do this yourself or have
anyone else do it, be ABSOLUTELY SURE you know EXACTLY what you are
doing. I have performed this procedure with an original owner who had
done this many times before, and we still almost managed to shatter
the rear window, (fortunately, we just got away with a small chip).

Good Luck.
Jim Reeve
-6960