Mystery Noise...

Hi folks,
It is usual for some sounds to emerge from #10188--heck all these cars
are 18-19yrs old! My car is a daily driver with higher mileage(probably
100k+).
But I heard a noise last night I had never heard. I sounded like a thud
from the left front. I was turning into a parking lot at about 10mph, with
the wheels about 3/4 of the way. I did some experiments: only happen when I
turn left, faster or slower--no noise, steering seems to behave normally. I
am planning on looking at the steering box and under the front end.(It was
dark when this happened last night).Sound is definently coming from left
front part of car. Steering box maybe? Maybe left wheel assembly?
I know I need new front shocks, but it seems to happen only at this speed.
Steering box seemed tight last time I looked(~2k miles ago). Can anyone
help? Can any one steer(pun) me in the right direction? THanks.

Nathan E. Green
gzen21@xxxx

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph you're gonna' see
some serious s--t"
-Doc Brown: "Back to the Future"

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html