Re: Getting doors to stay up

Congratulations Kevin! I was following the e-bay auction on VIN4687
but did not have the time to get to Texas for a look-see, however, I
was still tempted to bid anyway! From the description I think that
you got a good buy, 18000 miles, el doorlocks, cruise et al!

I noticed the drooping doors on the e-bay picture, the D that I am
looking at looks the same. The present owner told me that the struts
should be replaced, but not to buy the regular aftermarkets struts
since they are generally not beefy enough. I recently bought new
struts for my Porsche and they were quite a bit more expensive than
the auto parts store variety. I believe the D struts are about $66
each.

Roger