[DML] Front Shocks

There are no more original front DeLorean shocks available. We have had new front shocks manufactured by the same company that designed our lowering springs. Those long time readers of the DML will recall that this company is staffed by some of the same engineers that worked on the DeLorean originally at Lotus. The story goes that after Colin Chapman drove the DeLorean prototypes with the original suspension, he recommended changes be made as it significantly out-performed the then current Esprit. Our complete suspension package (front and rear shocks with lowering springs) is even better than that now. Advances in shock absorber technology make this possible.

I had the pleasure of driving the Gus Schlacter's car with this package (and the new engine) last June. All I can say is that if you have a set of our lowering springs, get the shock set and see what else you're missing. If you are thinking of lowering your car or need new shocks, get the whole package and prepare to be amazed. It is important to note that these are NOT generic shocks altered to fit the DeLorean, or shocks designed for some other application that have been modified to fit.

New design front shocks (sold in pairs only) - $399.00
Set of new design front and rear shocks (set of four) - $799.00
Set of new design shocks and lowering springs - $1188.00

Original equipment old design REAR shocks are still available at $135 per pair.

The new shocks are now available. Call or email for ordering info.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573