RE: Lotus Esprit windshield

James Espey Wrote:

I'm dying to know how much an Esprit windshield costs...it HAS to be more than the less than $400 NOS and aftermarket windshields cost. If we can prove that the Esprit windshield costs more, can we please kill this thread forever? :-)

From the Lotus Esprit Mailing list:

> The best price I found was at Lo-Can Glass for $595 + shipping. That was
> for the non-OEM glass, but it was tinted, and looked exactly like the
> Triplexx original. Lo-Can also sells the OEM Triplexx brand for around $670.
> These prices are just for the glass. You have to install it yourself. If you
> want to have someone else put it in for you, Lo-Can will ship it to a local
> glass installer for you.

oops. forgot that part. I ordred the carriers and finishers separately from
Sports Car World, but they might be cheaper somewhere else. Here's the part
numbers and prices from SCW:

Qty Part # Description Price

2 A082U5870F Carrier, finisher, side $16.95
1 A082U5868K Finisher, Windscreen, RH $17.50
1 A082U5867K Finisher, Windscreen, LH $19.95
1 A082U5869K Finisher, Windscreen, Top $65
1 A082U5871F Carrier, Windscreen top finisher 16.55
6 A075U0588Z Spacer, 6mm, Windscreen
4 A082U7065F Spacer, 4mm, Windscreen .95 cents each

Lotus also specifies a "Betaseal Kit" to do the actual sealing. Apparently
Betaseal Kits are no longer available anywhere. I used 3M Fast setting Urethane
for the sealer, and 3M pinchweld primer to prime the frame. These products are
supposedly superior to Betaseal, and you can get them at your local auto paints
supply store. I also suspect that the carriers and finishers are pretty generic
parts, and you probably could find WAY cheaper sources. I intend to look next
time.

Good luck,

This was for a Stevens body car, not a Guigaro, but I suspect prices would be similar, and definitely more than James' price.

-AH

http://www.continentalthunder.homestead.com