Re: Sunroof?? Hood Scoop???

 I seriously doubt that there is any such product as a "Sunroof
Deflector". More then likely this is just one of those generic auto
auto parts sites that simply lists the same products over and over
again that are universal fit for any vehicle. Ie headlights, light
bulbs, carpet cleaners, etc... Somebody probably just goofed when
they included this item in for the DeLorean.

On the flip side of this, I have seen gullwing doors that had sun
roofs installed. It was on an old Bradley GT kit car. Sitting inside,
it gave the car a more airy and open feel. The down side of course
was they looked somewhat of an eye-sore on the out side. Because the
Bradley was a simple kit car, the doors were much lighter and
simpler. So the benefit was that you could remove the plexiglass to
make it a moon roof.

This could be done to the DeLorean. But to make it look more like
it came from the factory, clips would need to be used to secure the
glass. A traditional rubber lib would look nastly and would kill the
simple uniformity of the car. Try to picture a piece of glass on the
roof, but it would be mounted BELOW the stainless steel. It would
fit, seal, and look just like the quarter panel glass. The down side
is that it would kill both the look of the car, and possibly kill
the "cockpit" feeling in the passenger compartment. I would also be
worried about opening and closing the doors on a sharp incline.
Craking/shattering the glass would be a problem since that's where
the door is most prone to twist at.

-Robert
vin 6585