Re: Low profile rims & tires

Walt, if you make a custom swaybar, make sure you beef it up a bit. The front swaybar is too cheezy. It needs more strength to reduce the high amound of body roll the DeLorean has. My custom wheels rub the swaybar a bit too, but it's not a big deal.

One thing you can do is take a stock rear spacer from a DeLorean and put it up front. That will push the wheel out 1/8". I put two on each side, but I had to because my lugholes in the new wheels were too small and the studs on the car flare out before they go into the hub. So it wouldn't fit right, and I had to space my fronts out 1/4". I suggest you look closely at your fronts as well. You might have the same problem, and that might be why you're front wheels are shaking. The wheels will look like they're against the hub, but they're not. You have to reach behind and actually feel to see if there is a gap in between the rim and the hub or not. Do that before you drive the car again. If you don't, and that's the problem, you run the risk of breaking a stud while yoy're driving, and that's not good.

You can buy beautiful reconditioned factory rear spacers from P.J. Grady. (800) 350-7429. They are plated too so they resist rusting.

Let me know if this helps.

---Dan