Re: Automatic transmissions

To DMC joe and the list
I have done this test to my own car. I would not ask for someone to do
anything with their car that couldn't be done safely by competant
individuals. BE WARNED - IF CONDUCTED IMPROPERLY IT IS POSSIBLE TO
DAMAGE THE CAR AND THE NEIGHBERHOOD. I need a couple of other owners
to test their torque converters so I can come up with a stall speed
not just of my own car. I cannot find any reference to a stall speed
in the service literiture. It is an important specifacation. The last
thing I would want to hear is that someone tried this test and damaged
their car or worse hurt someone.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

[VERY LONG QUOTATION SNIPPED BY MODERATOR]