Re: tires

Do not throw away the tires yet. If properly stored and there is no
cracking in the sidewalls and the tread is good and no delaminations
you could carefully drive on the tires. Run your hand over the
sidewalls on both sides and the tread, if you feel a bubble or a
ridge
the tire is delaminating. Keep the proper air pressure in them 23
front and 30 rear and you will get some life out of them. On the
other
hand if you want piece of mind and better performance by all means
change the tires. There are a lot of opionions as to what is best.
Consult the Delorean venders for their experiance. As to the old
tires
put them on E-bay there is a market for them. They could be worth as
much as $100 each. If you choose to change the rims keep the old ones
they are also worth alot and are hard to come by.

David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, delorean31@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 9/18/00 5:56:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> louiegolden@xxxx writes:
>
> << Hi,
> The DeLorean I am about to buy has 6,700 miles and still has the
original
> tires. I am sure they need replacing. Can anyone recommend a good
tire? My
> town only has a Firestone and a Goodyear dealers. I would like to
know
> prices, and what size of tires I need. I tried to look up this info
on the
> DMC News site, but my computer said the page couldn't be shown.
Thank you for