From: "Josh Haldeman" <haldeman@xxxx>
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [DML] "Clunk" in turns

> Mike,
> I'm fairly sure it's coming from the front. The noise eminates from
the right front wheel when I turn left, and the left when I turn right. I
doubt it
> would be the trailing arm bolts because I have Bauerle's add on for that
problem and I had him check the condition of the bolts last time I took it
in.
> (about a year ago) I will check them out again though, just to be safe.
> I think Stian may be correct in suspecting the half shafts because it
does not make the clunking noise on the second turn if I make two
consecutive lefts
> or two consecutive rights.
> Well, either way I'll have the front end apart this weekend to install
new shocks, so I'll check it all out then and let you know.
> Thanks for everyone's help with this problem,
> Josh
>

> Mike Thomas wrote:
>
> > Josh,
> >
> > Are you sure the shifting is not in back? I think I would check my
trailing arm bolts. I had one fail on the highway and believe you me it
ain't pretty.