Re: [DML] Clutch Replacement

1. Is it possible that water, dirt, or debris of some sort has gotten
on the clutch plate and is preventing it from gripping properly?

"From your description your clutch parts are probably worn out. A leaking rear seal will cause oil to collect at the bottom of the bell housing, driving through deep water can cause the oil to float on to the clutch components."

2. If I do end up needing to replace the clutch, is there any easy
way to accomplish this? (in other words is this something that I
could do in my driveway)

"A clutch job is not something you want to attempt in your driveway. It is extremely labor intensive, especially if you have never dropped a DeLorean transmission."

3. Along with the clutch would it be advisable to replace the
pressure plate as well?

"A proper clutch replacement requires replacing all of the clutch components inside the bell housing."

4. When visually inspecting the clutch plate, pressure plate, etc...,
what signs of wear/damage should I look for?

"Scoring, burn (overheated) areas, wear, oil."

While you have the flywheel out change the crankshaft lip seal.

"We're here to help you"

DMC Help / De Lorean Services / <dmchelp@xxxx>
Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>