Re: [DML] loose steering column

Sounds like the steering column bushing in the firewall has given up the ghost. It is a stock item that all the parts suppliers (including De Lorean Motor Company) carry.

See item #23 at this link:

http://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=68&PageCat=5%2DSuspension+and+Steering

Order it online here:

http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/BuyNow.asp?PartID=548&Qty=1

Regards,

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1
http://www.delorean.com

Although the knob that is used for the tilt/telexcopic function is tight, my
car has developed about 3 inches of up/down play in the steering wheel.

Any suggestions on what to look for or check?