Re: Coasting and pulsating

Technically you are correct. The bosch system is continuous with a
fuel injecter for each cylinder. More accuratly when that cylinder
fires if the injecter has put a different amount of fuel out for
it(either too much, not enough or a crummy spray pattern) then it
would give a different specific impulse. For that matter anything
that
would cause an imbalance would do that including a stuck or sticking
valve, a misajusted valve, carbon build-up, a problem in the ignition
to that cylinder, etc. A good baseline test would probably be to do a
compression test and make sure all cylinders are within 5% of each
other and if they are then to test the fuel injectors and also the
metering unit for balance.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757