re: Duty Cost

James,
They seemed pretty lenient on how the value was to be determined. The agent told me that he could look up a book value unless I had an idea of how much it was worth. I ended up showing him my insurance policy which has the vehicle's insurance value, and that seemed to suit him fine. In fact, I get the distinct feeling that if I'd had no proof of the car's value, he would have taken my word over the book value anyway. Unfortunately, I never did get to see what "book" they're using. I think that if someone were to come up to Canada to get a car, then their sales receipt would be more than adequate proof of value.