Re: [DML] Comparison

I'd believe that I'm irritating people.... :)

Unfortunately, MIKE!, I DO have a Delorean, #1537. I just recently saw it
on EBAY, and since my eyes are just as large as my pockets are deep, I
figured I NEEDED it and bought it, cash, for $8200...

It was represented as 'runs well, drives well'. I asked a thousand specific
questions, some of which were ingored, some of which were just answered
falsely.

'Issues' to be resolved before shipping (it was in FL, I'm in RI)
were neglected, and a week later it was in my garage.... Main problems I
found were a leaking oil problem, an extremely stiff clutch, and an
electrical wreck in the relay compartment (fire included!, oh yippee!)

It's been painted black, the front and rear fascias show minor damage from
2-3 fender benders... nothing you'd see unless you're looking for them. I
figure for what it'd cost to return this car to stainless/stock, I could
just as easily put in a rotary engine w/ 255HP (and it'd be cheaper..). For
this particular car, I think the resale increases more with a beefier
engine, becuase there's always some stupid kid out there that'll want the
same cool car with a little more kick. It's not worth the $$ to make this
car concours material.....

The lesson learned here: TRUST NO ONE! I was unfortunate enough to not be
able to find anyone to inspect the car- maybe I should have asked here on
the list, Walt (?) in Tampa could have checked it out, duh. Anyways, to
those out looking to purchase, keep in mind that there are many many people,
either out of ignorance or outright evilness will tell you lies about the
car you're looking to buy.

Long story short, I'll be looking into legal action, which is really never
very pretty, especially now with the internet!
ok MIKE?!

DMC JOE- I wouldn't call my car peppy by any means.. I have an '87 MR2 that
runs 0-60 in the 8+ second range, I wouldn't expect it to be as quick as
that car, though... As for 'beating' 80-90% of other cars out there, I don't
think that means much becuase nobody races anymore!!! at least not around
here- I beat 80-90% of the cars with my 63HP CRX HF! I'll check into fuel
issues, thanks for the heads up...

Oh, and that other clown who thinks he outrightly beat a amateur racer in a
911, for goodness sakes, stop saying things like that, you're making
yourself look silly!

:P 1537