From: Jim Strickland
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 6:42 PM
Subject: [DML] Comparison

"It's not that bad! It's not that bad!"
There seems to be a looming bitterness between the people wanting
PERFORMANCE vs the people wanting a fine lookin cruiser.

Everyone out there saying "it's not that bad!!!" about the
acceleration/power is in denial! The Delorean is SLOOOOOOWWWWW.
it was always SLOOOOWWWWWW. Some people, however, like it that way... The
same people that keep KIA and GEO in business, who don't care that it takes
60 seconds to get to 60 MPH; and have a notebook in their cars marking down
gas prices, mileage, and gallons added- "Ooh, we got 32.6 MPG on this tank,
honey!!!"..

The rest of us who like sailing the back end out flying around corners on
wet pavement ("Manner of turning", or so the police say...), pullin wheelies
off the line and snickering blowing away those weeble-looking enonoboxes
think the power is horrible!

There are so many people hiding their cars in their garages keeping them in
controlled pristine environments. For this reason, there is NO WAY that my
moderate-shaped Delorean will ever be worth any sort of collector status...
SO! I intend to supermodify, hacksaw, file, rip, tear, bend, spindle, and
mutilate my car into whatever comes into my little brain, and people on the
street are still going to look at it drive by, and won't have to go to a
museum to ever see a delorean. I'm going to make it fun for ME to drive,
not you "mature owners" who drive 25 in a 50 MPH zone whom I yell at.

DSV- Safety vehicle? It was SAFE becuase you can't go fast enough to get
into trouble! hahaha

Jim
Lic: PLATE
1537 Super-wide black stripe- from the rocker to the T-panel!

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

moderator@xxxx