Re: Coca-Cola - Was rusted screws ??

I was told that coke has a pH of about 2 thus it is very acidic (but
then so is your stomach which has Hydrochloric acid in it). The other
trick that is supposed to work great for loosening rusted bolts is to
put Hydrogen peroxide on them. I have never tried it but I was told
it works great

Don't forget the Fall Foliage Tour (Oct 20,21,22)! Right now people
from NY, NJ, PA, CT, RI, MA, NH (and maybe OH, Ken? ) will be
attending, for more info go to
http://hometown.aol.com/delorean31/fall.html or contact me privately.

Mike D.
Vin 3113
NY Lic DLORIANN

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Mark Noeltner <mark@xxxx> wrote:
> You mean that trick still works?? (Pouring Coca-Cola onto rusted
bolts to
> release them just like "Liquid Wrench", but better.)
>
> Last time I tried it was about 2 formulations back on the Coca-Cola
so I'm
> surprised it still works. I remember that it had to be the genuine
Coke,