Re: [DML] "A DAY IN THE DOORS"

I just wanted to tell y'all that Brian and I had a wonderful time Saturday
at Trevor's house. That was the most Deloreans I have ever seen in one
place. Yeah, there were 'only' six Ds, but still, that was a lot of cars
for my first show.

I made the trip on the original set of tires, and after sitting for 19 years
they developed permanent flat spots. Until the tires would warm up, the car
sounded like it was galloping. And even after the tires warmed up, it was
still a bumpy ride. The shocks are original and as stiff as steel rods, and
with the car running nose high due to OEM front springs, keeping the car
between the lines at interstate speed was more of an effort than it should
have been. But I'm not complaining!

The only problems I had were when I tried to leave Trevor's house. The
engine wouldn't accelerate. Every attempt I made to step on the pedal would
only make the engine cough and sputter. After a few minutes, it warmed up
and was fine. This seems to happen occasionally while it warms up, but I
don't know what causes it. I think the cause this time was that DMC Joe
left before I did. If he were still there, the car would have run fine.
Joe: do you have any suggestions on what could cause this?

Before I left the neighborhood, I flicked the brights and all the headlights
went out. I could barely see anything with just the parking lights leading
the way. Eventually the lights came back on, and I'm not sure what caused
it. The only way I could get any lights to work was to pull the blinker
lever toward me. Holding it in that position made the brights come on, but
latching it forward wouldn't let the brights or the regular lights come on.
I drove back to Trevor's house this way, and by then the engine started
running smoothly and the lights started working again. My suspicion is that
the Delorean wanted one last look at Trevor's house before we went back to
Tampa.

My mileage round trip was 1070 miles. I dropped Brian off at his house
which gave him about a half hour to get ready for work. I don't remember
the time, but it was daylight again before I went to bed.

I look forward to making it to more shows like that in the future. In time
I'll have the rest of y'all coming to Tampa for a show.

Later,
Walt