Re: Why I didn't make it to Cleveland RE: striping DMC-then rebrushing o

Re: Why I didn't make it to Cleveland RE: striping DMC-then rebrushing or painting

Thanks for the compliment Dusty. I liked the paint job too. But it was put on when the car was new and it was showing the signs of it's age. What I wanted to do was make the car look a little better for Cleveland by repainting some of the black parts of the car. Unfortunately, the type of paint I bought reacted with the paint on the car, ruining the paint job entirely. I was not a happy camper to say the least. Cleveland was not possible, and I had a decision to make. Well, I decided to remove all the panels strip the car. No body filler at all was found. Only 80 grit sandscratches from a DA sander. I weighed the options and decided that it was not in my best interest to lay out a few thousand dollars to repaint the car. So, I opted to resurface the stainless. It was the more laborious of the two options, but it was more affordable, and brought up the value of the car.

Does it look good? Well, if you're gonna be at the VA meet, you just might see it for yourself. I'm gonna try to get there if I can. Not that the car wouldn't make it... that's not the problem. Time constraints on my end are the only ones.

I will have pictures of my car on the web very soon for all to see.

---Dan