Re: [DML] 20years of Michigan Weather (long and full of questions)

Re: [DML] 20years of Michigan Weather (long and full of questions)

Nate,

I would suggest using the $20K rule. A perfectly preserved and maintained
Delorean with all the factory defects and weak spots and wear spots repaired
and restored is probably not worth much more than $20K. I would make up a
laundry list of EVERYTHING that should be done to the car (or pile of car
parts in this case) and deduct what everything would cost to fix. I would
take a wild guess that when you are through subtracting everything, you
would come up with around $6K to $10K for what this 'package' is worth.

For example, on this list be sure to include tires, a battery, refinishing
the rims, repainting or replacing the facias, everything to do with the fuel
system (mostly replace), everything to do with the cooling system (mostly
replace), everything to do with the A/C, new window motors, alternator, gas
struts, extensive electrical upgrades, total re-upholstery job, etc., etc.,
etc. and so on.

A good place to start would be to check out some of the web sites of
Delorean parts suppliers. I think Delorean Motor Company's web page gives a
break down piece by piece and a price marked next to everything that is
available.

Why am I answering this question? I probably know next to nothing compared
to the big name lurkers on this list. Well, that's my opinion. It's worth
what you paid for it.

Walt