Re: [DML] Brakes and Rotors

Joshua:
Do you have the SS braided brake lines? The rotors heat up, heating the the caliper, fluid and flexible hoses. The hoses can then expand and you lose your braking power. This is proabbly the quickest, easiest and cheapest route to try first. Mid-states Delorean club sells these occasionally. Check their web-site or contact Marty Maeir (spelling?).
Brian 16584

Dear List,

Also, is there an upgrade for the entire braking system? Are stronger
boosters available, or stronger calipers? Does Brembo (sp) or any other
aftermarket caliper fit on our cars without extensive modification?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I know that under normal
circumstances the DeLorean brakes are adequate, but you never know when you
may need all the available braking power. With all of the new technologies in
braking, like ABS and Mercedes "Brake Assist," I would be afraid to need the
power and not have it available in an emergency.