From: Eric J. Hennebury <ehennebury@xxxx>
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 2:29 AM
Subject: [DML] Importing a Delorean to the USA

> Well, it's finally time to bring my Delorean south of the border with me.
I moved to the Sates from Canada a couple of years ago, and left my D behind
at my parents place due to a lack of a garage at my new home. I have since
acquired a house with a garage an am looking forward to having my D with me
again.

> It looks like the process should be straight forward with one exception...
Customs is requesting a letter from the manufacturer stating that the
Delorean meets EPA emissions and DOT safety standards for the year in which
it was manufactured. Any idea where I might procure such a document? Dos
anyone have any experience bringing Deloreans into the USA (I know they tend
to go the other way). Any advice would be appreciated.