History of Fiberglass panels

I e-mailed the owner and this is what he said

Erik,

I collect TV/Movie cars & related items ... I got these panels
in a
large
lot of stuff I purchased a couple of years back when I was out in
California.

To make a long story short, it's most likely (given where I got
them)
that
these were spare parts for the "Back To The Future" DeLorean. In
scenes
where vehicles are destroyed (like the train track scene in
BTTF),
movie
companies dont prefer to trash a "real" car, so they build mock-
ups &
the
like, and/or replace damaged parts with less expensive (like
fiberglass)
parts. These partictular panels appear to be in new/unused
condition.

I also have an entire fiberglass front nose section for a
DeLorean
here
too ... it too was in with that same stuff. (And there's likely
more if
I really
ever take the time to go thru it all. :-)