Re: [DML] VIN SCEDT26TODD020064/Exhaust Pipes

Re: [DML] VIN SCEDT26TODD020064/Exhaust Pipes

Not all 1983's came with small exhaust pipe tips. I purchased #17168 new with
17 miles from a New Jersey dealer who had over 20 1983's in stock. As I
remember most were 17000vins. The cars with black interiors had the large
tail pipes and the cars with grey interiors had small pipes. I wanted the
grey interior and could only get it with the small pipes.
At the Cleveland Show my car lost 2 points in the concours because of the
small pipes. Would any owners of 1983cars with 17000 vins e-mail me with
their vin #,interior color and tail pipe size. DMC Houston does not believe
my exhaust is original. If there are other strange things about label decals
please let me also know.
My interior looks the same as #20064. I wish my wife would let me buy it.

Thanks,
Tom Griepenburg
dmc17168@xxxx