Re: [DML] Summer Heat, now hard starting Q

Re: [DML] Summer Heat, now hard starting Q

Chris,
Welcome to Texas, Home of the hot start start . Just kidding. John Hervey
here in Dallas. To answer your question about hot start. When the engine
coolant is abpve 95 degrees, the cold start valve is being told not to work
by the thermo time switch/engine coolant tempt switch. It may be time to
install the hot start relay which will pulse the system with gas during
cranking. If you need help, maby Gus in Austin or if your in Dallas area I
could put it in for you. I do a lot of work on the cars as a hobby, but
naturally DMC Houston could do it also. I threw a fan belt yesterday due to
heat, Saturday and no telling what else is going to happen.
John Hervey