Re: Found a car with possible PRV V6....

Re: Found a car with possible PRV V6....

I believe that the car has an earlier version of the PRV-6 w/softer
cam shafts, so a direct swap would not be a possibility. While
canvasing various junkyards for parts I've run across a few PRV's.
For a car this old, the K-Jetronic system may/may not have some parts
such as fuel hoses that could be used. I don't know what the life-
span of the control pressure regulator, or the fuel distributor is.
So their value to you is questionable. This engine also has a
different type of idle speed control system that is not compatible
with the DeLorean (2-wire, spring resistance). You might be able to
use the same intake manifold, but you would have to go over it first
to seal all the open vaccum connections on it so it could be used for
the DeLorean application. All in all, the car would not have enough
usable parts for you to use on the DeLorean. On the flip side, if you
can get the car for a ridiculously low price it may be worth it in
another way. You could turn a profit by 1. Reselling the car (hard).
2. Using the car as a trade in to purchase a DeLorean (hard).
3.Donating the car to charity for a good tax deduction. or 4. Sell
the car for salvage (of course I'm speaking of the Volvo here. I'd
NEVER junk a D!).

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Toscano" <toscano2@xxxx> wrote:
> A guy at work is selling a 1978 Volvo 262 Bertone, out of
curiousity I took a peek under the hood and the engine in there
appears to be a PRV V6. Thursday I first saw it and even the air
filter housing looked like DMC, then Friday I brought my DMC shop
manual to work and took another look and sure enough much of the
engine looks identical.