Engine Compartment LIGHT Wiring Question.

Engine Compartment LIGHT Wiring Question.

Hi

My engine compartment light wiring (purple, purple/white on the electrical
chart) appears to be missing.

When I bought my car the engine compartment light didn't work. After having
the rear facia removed, stripped and repainted I noticed that the rear
wiring harness doesn't appear to have these wires in the bundle. Not sure
it it was disconnected at some point or just never there. Am I looking for
the right colored wires (purple, purple/white)?

The harness in question has a big black plug that connects to the back
righthand wall in the engine compartment. It's wiring bundle contains the
electrical wires for the rear side marker lights, rear license plate lights
and all the operating and turn signal lights in the rear lenses.

Can you help?

Thanks
mike@xxxx
VIN#17089
Windsor, Ontario
www.mydelorean.com

P.S. The engine compartment light SWITCH (near the resister) appears to be
wired correctly.