Re: Chassis Undercoating...

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Rubano" <srubano@xxxx> wrote:
> Yes I have heard alot of good things about POR15 also. Wurths and
> POR15 are pretty much the same thing, except that the POR15 comes
[snip]

Actually, Wurths's and POR 15 ARE the same thing. I had a can of
each, and the back-of-can labeling that tells you all the Bad Stuff
(like "contains isocyanates - do not breath or you will die") is
identical. Both products seemed to be the same consistency. I used it
all over the front frame on my car, and then painted over it with
Rustoleum "Dark Machine Grey" and got a better match than I did with
the original DMC repair epoxy. The original factory coating was
actually a powdercoat process that you will never duplicate, but for
a frame it looks pretty good. I've used the POR15 for other
applications, including painting brake calipers, with fine results.

You may notice that isocyanates are also the active ingredients
in "KrazyGlue". Just don't let it dry on your hands, the aren't
kidding about it taking DAYS to wear off. Cleans up fine BEFORE it
dries with generic hardware-store laquer thinner.

Dave Swingle
5429