Re: [DML] More Purchase Advice

This kind of fits the category of my car. I bought a car with what I felt
was a perfect interior and exterior (minus one tiny nick). In any case the
car had 7500 miles. But was all original. I have updated just about every
electrical component with Zilla units, a Delco alternator and so on. I also
updated other components such as the fuel pump, window motors, and more. I
paid 16,000 for my car which I thought was a great deal. It was recently
appraised by a Classic Car appraiser at 25,000 for my insurance. Buying a
car with a perfect interior and exterior for a good price, and then having to
update it, is well worth the investment. I look at it this way. It would
cost me far more to buy a car with a sun damaged interior or in need of body
work. Those parts will far exceed any cost needed to mechanically update an
"original" car.

Gary Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic
VIN 3360

<< I have seen several "original" cars for sale. I am speaking
with someone now who says that all he's replaced on the car
has been the tires and he's the second owner. My question is
what updates would definitely need to be done to an "original"
car? Relays, hoses, alternator? What else? And approximately
how much would it cost to do all these updates assuming I
could do them myself?

If I can get a car with a perfect exterior and interior,
but no updates, how much should I pay? $12,000? $13,000?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce >>