Re: [DML] Re: DMC Prototype

This is as I recall:

1) The car WAS in the grounds of the Lotus factory but could not be sold
or moved because Lotus didn't own it... but that the original owners
never claimed it back when the company went under.
2) It is no longer there and has been crushed since the photos were taken
by Dave Howarth all that time ago (some years). Apparently there were
several prototypes at the Lotus factory and all were written off
deliberately (not being road-worthy in the first place!) by the workers
at Lotus. I do not know how true this is.

There were several prototypes i believe, and I look out for the following
when identifying them:

1) the wheels
2) the slidey windows
3) the lack of louvers
4) the handbrake position in the later prototypes.
5) the positioning of the side running lights - they were flush with the
fascias originally
6) the wing mirrors
7) the front cowling around the air intake

...that's just off the top of my head.

Martin