Delco Alternator (my 2 cents worth)

I know that this thread has been coming up alot and that most people
are still asking about part numbers and what mods were performed to
get it installed. For those of you who are interested, today I
purchased a Delco alternator remanufactured part number 7939-3I. It
is from a 90-91 Chevy Lumina with a 3.1 Litre engine. It outputs 105
amps and the casing size is similar to the stock alternator. This
alternator has a single mount point on the pivot mount and a
modification needs to be performed on the pivot plate (the one that
is attached to the engine block by 3 bolts). You can use your
existing adjusting arm and belt on this alternator. The alternator
comes with a serpentine belt pulley that has to be swaped with a
single belt pulley, any auto parts store should be able to do this
and they usually don't charge to do this. I have a website at
www.dmcman.homestead.com, go to the Parts & Mods page on it where I
will have pictures and modification steps in detail (coming soon). I
will all let you all know how it is after installing it tonight after
work. The way that I will have it set up, I should not run into
the "no charge at idle" syndrome as with most replacement alternators
I have heard about since the pulley is smaller (will turn the
alternator faster) and best of all you can get it at any autoparts
store since this is used in a wide variety of chevy cars.

Thanks,
Steve