striping DMC-then rebrushing or painting

striping DMC-then rebrushing or painting

Hello List,
I just talked to someone on repainting my car. The entire car will have
to be stripped down to the stainless before it can be repainted. when the
car was painted(early 1981) something was trapped in between the coats of
paint which is now popping out. my car has little specs all over it that
look like sand is stuck in the paint. he said that they didnt let the paint
sit long enough between coats and something didnt have time to evaporate.
anyways, it must come off before it can be repainted.
My neighbor who works at an aircraft company says his mechanic can
rebrush my entire car for a very reasonable price. If I get the correct flap
brush he will do the whole car. I guess they brush some pieces on the
aircrafts also.
If that doesnt work out I will just have the car repainted. but as long
as the paint is coming off I should try to leave it stainless.
I have searched the archives and it looks like aircraft stripper works
well. I know some of you on the list have stripped dmc's before, any
recomendations? Is there a good stripper that I can get at NAPA? how long
did it take to strip the car?

Thanks in advance

Dave
#2496-