From: Delorean17@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 2:15 PM
Subject: [DML] door removed-T-bar question

Hello,
I'll make this quick. I just removed my passenger side door because I
had to remove the front hinge hinge and add 2 more shims so it wouldnt hit
the T-panel. I got the door off and back in, in 30 mins but I have to leave
for work now so I cant put the Torsion-bar in.
I adjusted both doors last month with a 1/2 in torque wrench with a
craftsman 1/2(made for impact wrench-black metal) to 3/8 connector to the
allen socket. It worked but the torque wrench was bowing a little. It goes
up to 140 foot pounds. how much torque does it require to adjust the t-bar?
I would hate to have it break on me. I am also going to move the other T-bar
back 2 notches. I hate how fast my doors open, I like them to almost sag a
little.

any info would be appreciated. I am adjusting them tomorrow at 1:00

Thanks
Dave