Idle speed motor.

Last week the idle speed motor seized. The cross over is for an '82
Volvo GLE. I found an '86 GLE, and while I can't see the motor, it
does feel like the same unit (hidden below the intake manifold).
Looking at a '76-79 PRV-6 motor, it uses a differant motor, but it
does bolt onto the motor in the same place. My question is can this
second type of idle speed motor be used on the DeLorean? It's already
on a PRV-6 w/K-Jetronic fuel injection. Aside from physical
appearance, the only other differance is that the 2nd motor only has
2 wires where the D's has 3. Since the workshop manual doesn't have
any schematics for the unit, I can't make a full comparison. Is the
extra wire for the warm up period only? And ideas would really help.
I'm not trying to be cheap, but I just need my car running to get me
by untill I can order an official unit from a parts supplier. Plus
I'm not looking forward to removing the enitre manifold on the Volvo
in 108 degree heat. But if I have to, I will. The things I go through
for my car!

-Robert