ADMIN: Egroups Bought by YAHOO

Group

I received the following announcement today. This should have no immediate
impact, but based on the experience with eGroups last merge, and reported
annoyances when Yahoo took over GeoCities, I thought I post a reminder that
if the list EVER falls apart due to mechanical issues, please check at
www.dmcnews.com for latest information. If I have any information on
difficulties with operation of the list that's where I'll post it.

I do not plan any immediate changes, but will be looking into alternatives
in case I feel that this is not going in a good direction.

Keep your fingers crossed, don't expect any changes for a few months at
least. The merger will not be finalized until September/October.

Dave

Dear eGroups Moderator:

eGroups is very pleased to announce that we are joining the Yahoo! family of
services! To learn more about the announcement, you can read the press
release at http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/000628/ca_yahoo.htmlYahoo! will continue
to provide the same level of service and commitment
that you have come to expect from both companies. We are very excited

As a group moderator, you can assure your group members that eGroups and

about extending the opportunities and new offerings that will emerge
from this relationship to you and your group. We're just beginning to
explore the possibilities and new features that we'll be able to offer
as a combined company. As we go through this process, we pledge to
solicit your feedback on any proposed changes and keep you up-to-date on
any changes to the eGroups service.

We are committed to sharing accurate and timely information with you
about the service and the merger as it becomes available, but at this
time, we don't have any specific details beyond what's included in the
press release. We will keep you posted, but in the meantime, please
continue to use the service as normal.

Thank you,

The folks at eGroups and Yahoo! Customer Care