Re: [DML] Rough running durring acceleration

Re: [DML] Rough running durring acceleration

Coming in alittle late on the topic, but i had a
small rough accelration problem ever since i bought
the car, it was usually after it sat overnight and
then first few mins in the morning.

Well over the past week i decided to clean out the
entire fuel tank/replace entire fuel pump assembly/and
clean fuel intake area.

(btw someone posted a message about a wire in the fuel
intake area, the answer is YES it goes on one of the 3
screws holding the fuel intake peice to the
fiberglass)

For years the fuel intake piece had been rusting and
despositing rust and debris into my fuel tank, it was
pretty thick right under the spot where the fuel hits
the tank. Once i got that out and cleaned up the fuel
filter bag (which was heavily clogged) my acceleration
problems ceased.

I would suggest cleaning out that entire area and
checking your hoses in the tank for wear and making
sure the filter is not filled up with gunk.

-Cliff Andrews