My first month!

Hello list,

THIS IS LONG!

This is my first month of ownership of my all time dream
car. After all that is happpened I have no regrets of
buying the car. DMCJoe as turned out to be an asset to me
and has really been a great guy to talk with. I am now
helping him out on coordinating a location for a service
call in my hometown. The list has also been a fantastic
source for information. I have been a list member for over
2 years and this list helped me decide that I did want the
Delorean. I have met one local Delorean owner through the
list, Sean Howely. He said if I ever needed is help just
to let him know. All the Delorean owners I have talked to
have been so helpful.

The best part of owning the car is everyones reactions! I
get all kinds of people coming in to see it and ask
questions. The car sits in a showroom at work and people
come in just to see it. They say that someone told them
there was a Delorean in the showroom. Word spreads fast!

Here is how my month has went so far. If anyone can answer
any of the questions I have please email me off of the list
or do so on the list if you think that it is info everyone
should here:

Week 1...Go to put gas in car to make sure it is full. The
needle does not work, need tankzilla! Anyway, the gas
overflows from the fuel pump. The boot was not securely
clamped on and the gas pushed the fuel pump out of tank.
Causing it not to start and had to have it towed. The tow
truck comes, it is the same one that brought the car to me
when I bought it, kinda embarrasing but who cares!
A hole develops in the hi a/c hose going from
condensor to compressor...so no freon, ugh. IT is hot here
in E.TN. Get new hose 2 weeks later but still not on the
car.

Week 2...Car just sits waiting for repairs. When my
mechanic did the work to the fuel pump and he clamped it
back down he had it slightly twisted and then I had a
humming noise and the car was starving for gas. He fixed
it towards end of week.

Week 3...Drive car out a little, but it is so dang hot!
Show the car off to some friends. Replaced the door struts
and luvre struts. So far the only money spent on parts, not
bad, eh.
Drive the car to my friends grandfathers house
that is dying of cancer. They do not give him but about 4
weeks to live and when he found out I had a Delorean he
wanted to see it. When I show up he goes out to see and I
take him around the block.. His wife said that is the first
time he had been out side in over a month. I felt like I
made him feel better.

Week 4...Get the a/c hose but has not been installed. I
clean the stainless with Sheila Shine that a friend bought
me. The car stands tall now! Tonight I would drive the car
home and notice the speedo has stopped working! Just add to
my list. Tonight is the first night that the car is
sleeping at my house! Had to put the Cadillac outside.

That is my rundown of the month. Starting miles is 455,
now it has 514.9, but I drove it 4 miles w/o the speedo
working. I am going to order fanzilla. When I use my power
locks the car dies, so I guess that means lockzilla. I need
tankzilla. My power windows don't work, so new regs. FIX
SPEEDO! What do I do for that? How do I adjust hood? The
radio doesn't work, needs new fuse? There is a rattle in
pass area, neeed to find a fix. Need to turn rotors, is
that possible? And would like to get new tires. Orginals
are perfect with only 500 miles but just want performance
of the Yoks. IF anyone can think of anything I need to know
please let me know!

Sorry it was soooo long!

Aaron Posey
#3202 519miles