Re: [DML] hail damage

My DeLorean recently suffered modrate (10-15 dents) hail damage in a storm here in South Carolina. I was in St. Louis or I would have sacrificed my body! My wife's Acura is a lot worse parked right next to it.

Has anyone had theirs repaired with similar damage?
Any luck with the paintless dent repair people?

Anything/one I should avoid?

See everyone in Cleveland, just overlook the dents!

Cecil Longwisch
#10663

Several months ago my Delorean was caught in a small hail storm. Before the storm hit I managed to get the car cover on (thick car cover designed to prevent this kind of damage). But unfortunately the car still received some damage. Mostly on the hood, which was already looking pretty shabby, and on the T panel.

I couldn't get any of the local paintless dent guys to touch it. They all said that the stainless was too strong and that all their tools were designed for late model cars with thin sheet metal.

Anyway, a friend of mine used dry ice on the T panel and those dents are hardly noticeable. But, they weren't very big to start with. And as far as the hood goes I have decided to replace it. I'm just looking around for a used hood with grooves in good shape. I don't like the look of the all flat hoods.

I'm sure the DeLorean shops can repair the panels (I know they do in Houston, anyway). Has anybody had this done? What were the results? Costs? Etc?