Re: A/T shifting problems

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Cliff Wallace <cliftonw@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello, all. I've got one of those wonderfully built Automatic
> Transmissions that are known for their Computer Governor problems.
> I had the computer replaced in '97 as well as the cooler lines and
some
> leaky seals. About a year later to the present, the computer likes
> constantly downshift when I slow the car down to 30 MPH or whenever
> approach a red light or stop sign. The computer does not downshift
when
> I cruise at or around 30 MPH, only when I slow down to this speed.
This
> irritation occurs only when the car is warmed up. Say about 20
minutes
> of driving time in the summer. The A/T fluid is fresh and full. It
> sounds as if the computer is overheating. If it is, then does that
mean
> the A/T cooler lines are not doing their job? Anybody have a
similar
> problem or fix?
> Thanks
>
> Cliff W.
> 3773

It sounds like you should preform two adjustments. Make sure the vacum
line to the modulator is hooked up correctly and not leaking.Adjust
the line pressure as per the manual and adjust the linkage to the
computer as per the manual. If this doesn't fix the problem then it
might be a faulty modulator.You could try to take it apart and clean
it and replace the "o" ring inside.Also make sure the downshift switch
is adjusted properly at the throttle spool and working(check with a
continuity meter).
David Teitelbaum