Fuel Vent on Gas Tank!

I've followed the recent discussion here on the DML, regarding fuel smell inside the car.

Right now, on Ebay, there is a fuel tank for sale. In the description it says, and I quote:

"Don't buy a new one because it will not have a fuel vent in it and your car will smell like gas."

Now, my question is this: Is there any difference in the DMC fuel tanks?

Does some fueltanks have a vent and some not? From what VIN did the change come? If the above statement is true, then I would guess that low VINs have the tanks with no fuel vent and higher VINs have the tanks with the vent. Based on the DMCs improvements during production.

Also, what Im curious about is that the statement seems to suggest that all NOS fuel tanks from the DMC suppliers are of the type that has no vents??? Can someone clarify this?

James or DMC Joe?

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
NORWAY