Re: AC Drain Tube (Was: unknown)

I recently had the same problem, but to access the drain hose you
don't have to remove the wheel. Turn the steering wheel full left and
then push the car foward to take the tension off the tire (otherwise
it will push back slightly). Look behind the PASSENGER side front
wheel. From here you should be able to see underneath the car far
enough to inspect the hose, and to blow it out w/a air compressor.
The tube runs down between the fiberglass underbody and the chassis,
which appears to be a tight fit. Look for the end of the hose around
the bottom of the gas tank (where the outside cover plate is), from
here, follow the chassis back to
where the fiberglass curves in and runs paralel with the chassis.
Around this area is where the end of the hose should stick out. If
you can blow it out with
compressed air, this will clear out any blockage. Cobwebs were the
culprit in our case. Reaching in and feeling around at the very
least, you should be able to find the hose if you can't see it. If
you still have no luck, try pulling up the carpet on the passenger
side to make sure that there is a hose that is connected. To see a
picture to get a better understanding, refer to page 5 of Service
Bulletin # ST-33 >WaterLeaks< (availible from the "Downloadable
Files" section of the DMC News website). For future reference in case
you need it this time, or for future leak repairs; G.E. Clear
Silicone II has been the best I've found to use. It doesn't shrink,
and on the label it specificly states that it can be used on glass,
rubber, fiberglass, and Stainless Steel. Hope this helps.

-Robert
vin 6585