Re: [DML] Gauges / Sending Units, electrical information....

Re: [DML] Gauges / Sending Units, electrical information....

> I need to know the outputs (or rather the inputs) for the various gauges
on the DeLorean. ie. what the oil Pressure sending unit actually sends to
the gauge... I'll need to know the range of values for each of the sending
units for the gagues (oil, fuel, temp, tach, volt?) ... Is this information
published somewhere? Probably not in a compiled form, I'm sure....

> it would also be killer if someone could help me with a circuit for
converting each one of these devices to a range that a BASIC Stamp module
could read on it's IO pins (PWM, Resistance, 0-5VDC....) more info about the
BASIC Stamp could be obtained at www.parallaxinc.com or
http://www.radioshack.com/sw/swb/projects/bstampidx.htm

> Thanks loads !!!!
>
> - Dave

Nice idea! AFAIK, the basic stamp supports speech output. This opens many
possibilities... What about these:

" Your motor overheats!"
" Oil level is low!"
" Exchange your fuel accumulator!" (after long cranking when hot)
" Close your door while driving, you idiot!" :-)

I am very interested in this idea, but at the moment I have to spend my time
restoring my D. Remind me in approx. 18 months from now. By then I should
have finished the major works and should have the time for such little
toys... :-)
bye,

Ralf.
VIN 10284
- at the moment major GRP repairs in progress. If you wanna see photos,
email me.