Production Chronology (was: [DML] Stainless labels and other things...)

Production Chronology (was: [DML] Stainless labels and other things...)

Though everyone is, of course, free to do as they wish, the commonly accepted way of displaying/identifying your DeLorean's VIN is by using the last FIVE digits. For example:

Mike Substelny owns -
1981 model SCEDT26T3BD001280 - better identified as #01280

John Schulz owns -
1982 model SCEDT26T?CD010570 - better identified as #10570

This eliminates confusion when identifying the 1982 and 1983 models against the 1981 models.

The DeLorean Production Chronology was created by me a few years back to track both the number of cars produced as well as how many per month, interior color and transmission type ratios, etc. Though it is due to be updated soon with the latest information from the DeLorean Owners Directory, it can still be found at the DMC-News web site at:

http://dmcnews.com/Resource/chronology.html

I also encourage all the new owners to participate in the DOD and DPC at:

http://www.dmcnews.com/directory.html

James

Mine was built in Oct 1981 and it is vin 4434. Serious problems in
numbering guys.