source for radio connector

I was leafing through a catalog from Hosfelt Electronics (a surplus electronics place) and noticed a wiring harness whose 9-pin connectors looked suspiciously like those used for the power and speaker connections to the DeLorean's radio.

I ordered one to see and sure enough it is an exact match. You get both a male and a female connector wired together with about 12 inches of 18 AWG wire. All for the princely sum of $2.19.

I was very pleased to find this since I am intending to add an amplifier to the radio (one with speaker-level inputs) and this will permit me to do so without having to splice into all those speaker wires.

The part number is 52-119 ('Multi-Pin Harness, .11" terminals') and appears on page 81 of catalog 2000-A. Hosfelt can be reached at (888)264-6464.

While you are at it, check out the 12 volt black light on page 3 for $4.95! Just right for you instrument-panel hackers.

-Pete Lucas
VIN #6703