Re: [DML] DeLorean Cadillac online!

A while back, I used to work down on the Las Vegas Strip, so I was
always meeting people from around the world, literally! One day I was
speaking with a gentleman who was from Cleveland, and was a Lotus
enthusist. When our conversation turned to DeLoreans, the Cadillac
dealership was brought up. The man then told me that out back behind
the dealership, there was a good sized storage yard filled up with
DMC-12s he'd seen while driving past. A couple of weeks later I
called up the dealership to ask if this was true, and if so, were any
of the cars available for sale? The gentleman on the phone confirmed
the existance of all the cars on the lot, but said no, they were not
for sale. According to the dealership, aside from selling Cadillacs,
they also offered the service of storing DeLorean Motor Cars for
various car collectors. And even though all the cars were privately
owned, the man on the phone did state that every so often some cars
did pass through their hands to be offered for sale. The one car he
did have for sale was an '83, but it was an automatic. He took down
my name & number & offered to contact me as soon as he had another
car that I'd like (5-speed). But I never did hear from them again...
What strikes me as odd about all this is if you're a car collector,
why would you pay money for an expensive car that you own to be left
outside, and become damaged by the weather? Does anyone here know
more about any of this? If someone could gain permission to record
all of the VIN #'s of these cars, we could get a good sized addition
to the Production Chronology, or some pictures at the least.

-Robert