Re: [DML] Buying a "driven" D versus a "stored" D?

Re: [DML] Buying a "driven" D versus a "stored" D?

There are a few updates that you could check for, but last of updates on
a car would not be a strong argument as to not buy a DeLorean. The VIN
on the car helps in determining if the updates were installed before
delivery or not. However, if the front reinforcement braces are not
installed, I would be reluctant to drive the car to far. A good pothole
could take the front end out.

The best way to check the fuel tank/hoses is to pull the pump out. This
is not a hard job, it is located under the spare tire.

Frame rust on a Delorean is similar to other cars. This would be the
number #1 show stopper in buying a DeLorean. If the car was stored
inside (as you say), then you should be OK. If not, jack the car up and
check the frame carefully. There are a number of specific areas to
check, including the front crush zone. Use your finger to push on the
frame because it is common for this area to rust from the inside out.

As far as what you will need to replace right away, it really depends on
the car.

Good Luck!