Value of low mileage but engine swapped D?

Value of low mileage but engine swapped D?

Hello All,

Forget my last question about garaged vs. stored deloreans.. I just
visited a D for sale, and I would like to get some input on the value
of the car: 1981, manual, black interior, w/gas flap, and about 4,000
original miles. The car has been garaged and meticulously maintained.
Visual inspection reveals only minor cosmetic issues (loose
headliner, broken gas gauge, door locks are clunky, very loose
shifter linkage, very tight clutch). The body is in excellent shape -
the doors don't sag and operate flawlessly. The leather is in
excellent condition. Tires are in VG condition - Michelin Sport GTs.
>From what I can tell, the frame looks good (in the engine
compartment).
There was a small amount of oil drippage from the trans area. The
front and rear fascias are in perfect condition. Now here's the fun
part: The engine was swapped in 1992 with a 4.3L Chevy V6, with many
performance parts: Edelbrock carb, chrome valve covers, MSD ignition,
all hoses are steel braided, performance wires, etc. The engine has
about 2000 miles on it. I believe the trans to be the original, but
am only relying on the fact that the shift pattern (i.e. reverse) is
the same.
The speedometer and tach have been replaced with higher number
versions (obviously not original), and three small accessory gauges
have been added to the dash area next to the glove box (battery, oil
press, temp). I did not get a chance to drive the car yet, but am
seriously considering it's purchase. If anyone can help place a
value on this car (even a ballpark), I would appreciate it greatly.
Also, if anyone has any opinion about maintenance and/or ownership
risks of such a hybrid car, I could certaintly use that info as well.
Many thanks in advance,

-Hank