[DML] Re: OEM parts (was Seat Covers)

Yes. The prices have gone up dramatically of the DMC OEM parts. This is unfortunate because I personally would like to purchase some OEM interior parts (dash, binnacle, glovebox), but they are just too costly, being that they are almost 20 years old already! My only other option is to seek out other facilities that my be able to recondition the parts I desire. It may cost close to or even the same amount as new, but the reconditioned part will be done with NEW materials. And we all know that technology has definitely improved since early 80's. If I bought the part that is already 20 years old, how do I even know it will last? I'm not willing to spend that kind of money on a chance that it may not last since so many, including my original, have failed due to time and sun exposure. If anyone on this list knows of anyone who has been able to 'recover' these items using the proper techniques (heat shrinkwrap), please e-mail me privately. Thank you very much!

---Dan

WOW!Watching the video of the DMC parts warehouse tour,they had NOS seats for$200.00 A PAIR if you were touring the warehouse.Also I remember seeing ads in the mid 80's when Consolidated International,was trying to sell nos Delorean engines for $1795.00(If I remember right that also included the tranny and everything up to the air cleaner) and (and they were not a hot

seller back then,otherwise there would not be any left) and Now the
same
engines are going for over $5000.00++ something is wrong with this
picture.