[DML] Re: Lowering (and speeding in Toronto)

A tip for "putting on a DeLorean": Enter it like a jet- hold on to the fiberglass/rubber front water trough, swing right leg in, use arms to leverage gluteus Maximas onto seat, lower body into comfortable position, swing left leg in, buckle up, & prepare to DRIVE. Also saves wear on seat edges & arm rest extension. Drive Stainless Robert VIN 6924

From: Deloreanernst@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Lowering (and speeding in Toronto)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 01:23:55 EST

In a message dated 3/2/00 12:13:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, toys@xxxx writes:

<< I find the Delorean very comfortable. But then,
I like a car that's a bit claustrophobic and fits like a glove. >>

When I began test driving D's for possible purchase, I was a bit put off by
the interior size, and the close pedals. I couldn't even wear a cap because
I kept bumping it into the roof edges with it. The backward recline of the
seats seemed over-the-top. Getting in and out was rather ungraceful too.
(Sometimes it's hard to get "gloves" off!) As my wife's uncle says of his
Miata, "You don't get in it, you put it on."

Since finally getting my D two weeks ago, I've driven it constantly, and lo
and behold...I've gotten used to it! I even like it!! My head fits just
fine. The steering wheel, tilted up and telescoped out fully, offers plenty
of legroom. I'm used to the pedals, even though I haven't owned a manual
trans car for years. And I don't find it at all claustrophobic, though I
deliberately bought a gray interior. Even my wife, who IS very
claustrophobic, likes to ride in it with me. I love the armrest afforded by
the center console, and I can see out the back and all around just fine. I
roll out the door toward the back, and never hit my noggin. 'Course, I'm a
skinny little guy, right? All 6'-3" and 245+lbs of me. Picture John Madden
getting out of a D. ;) Hey, I'm a happy camper!

-Wayne A. Ernst
"Living the dream!"
VIN...11174

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html